May 31, 2013

Morning Musings: Beautiful sunny morning. Puppy throws up (at least in her create), probably from eating the sequins off my flip-flops last night. Where else could those sequins be? Granddaughter decided to just eat bread instead of cereal for breakfast. Daughter on freeway in heavy traffic to an appointment, gets cut off and almost gets slammed into by another car swerving to avoid yet another rude driver. Geezzzz..... BART has problems in the Bay Area. So, let's unwind by playing stupid, mindless, safe games on Facebook. I lost one. Oh well... Drinking the last of the coffee in the house. Need to go to store to buy more coffee and that  organic 'butter' that's supposed to be better for you than the dairy kind. I wonder if I qualify for food stamps at my age? Hmmmmm....

So, Lord, here's my day already started. I wonder what You plan to do with it. The fact that I decided to post something after all this time is a miracle in and of itself. Maybe that's what You had planned. That I just write to calm my soul, reach out, create, vent, muse.... (Jesus, take the wheel!)

Tonight is the church women's dinner. We're hosting another church & their pastor's wife as speaker. Should be great, considering over 200 women are signed up to attend. A good gathering for our little congregation. I hope I remember to seek out Monica, Shirley, Peggy, and a few other gals that I have missed hugging. Maybe even Karen will come from the other church. I could call her to see. Too early, I'll wait til later....

I think of my mom. My heart is soft, sad and a little down for her in that the dementia to her brain is causing frustration and anger issues with her. Now I understand why the sick elderly have to be sedated, mainly to avoid someone getting hurt. In her frail 93 year old body, she can swing a strong arm when angry and out of her mind. I'm grateful for staff members, even those in training, who have a heart of compassion and care for those with these types of problems as they age and know what to do.

Puppy is whining to get out of her jail cell (stuck in the kitchen), but I don't want her throwing up on the carpet. I have to watch for those sequins.

And help g'daughter tape Tinkerbell to her dolly stroller...

So goes my morning musings....

Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment